n exciting company responsible for manufacturing one of the leading power vehicles have a great opportunity available within their automotive space for a Fullstack Java Developer to join their dynamic team.
Location: Midrand/ Rosslyn/Home office rotational
Min years experience: 8+ years
Level of Experience: Expert/ Chief Expert
Degree in IT or relevant experience
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Join a team of 4 full stack Java developers and a Product Owner that are taking over 2 applications (Snoop and Mileage Verification) that were developed by an external provider for "Client".
- Participate in knowledge transfer sessions with the external provider.
- Participate in shadow and reverse shadow sprints until the transition is finalised.
- Development and maintenance on platform / application.
- Integrate back-end (Java) and database (Oracle) or AWS components.
- Propose and review system design and evaluate alternatives.
- Review and present to Product Owners.
- Develop systems solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements.
- Preparation of system/technical documentation.
- Prepare Production deployment artefacts.
- System testing.
- System implementation / deployment & release activities.
- System audits/quality assurance.
- Website and job monitoring.
- 2nd and 3rd level operations shared within the DevOps team.
– Most incidents are generated by automated monitoring jobs for various data extracts that fail / have issues.
– Optimise stability of jobs to minimise ops incidents.
Technical/Functional Skills required:
Strong experience/understanding of:
- JAVA EE / JAVA (Java 10)
- RESTful services
- Jenkins (CI (Continuous Integration) / DevOps)
- SQL (Oracle)
- IntelliJ / WebStorm
- AWS: S3, Lambda, EC2, Glue, Athena, CloudWatch, Code Build/Pipeline, Secrets Manager (Not Mandatory)
- Experience working in Agile SDLC methodology.
- Working experience building data/ETL pipeline and data warehouse.
- Demonstrate expertise in data modelling Oracle SQL.
- Exceptional analytical skills analysing large and complex data sets.
- Perform thorough testing and data validation to ensure the accuracy of data transformations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with precise documentation.
- Self-driven team player with ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Experience building data pipeline using AWS Glue or Data Pipeline, or similar platforms. (Not Mandatory)
- Familiar with data store such as AWS S3, and AWS RDS or DynamoDB. (Not Mandatory)
- Experience and solid understanding of various software design patterns.
- Experience preparing specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Strong organizational skills.
Data science / Statistics – There are algorithms that were developed by an external provider that need to be maintained / enhanced as per new requirements.
Get those applications across email firstname.lastname@example.org