An exciting company responsible for manufacturing one of the leading power vehicles have a great opportunity available within their automotive space for a Senior Java Developer to join their dynamic team.
Location : Midrand
Level of experience: Expert
Applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education (3-4 year university degree) and work experience (5+ years). Responsibilities may include: Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision; Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex; May influence others within the job are through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
Min years experience: 8+ yrs
Min qualification required:
IT Degree/Relevant experience
Tasks and responsibilities:
* Ensure that all processes have been investigated / considered in obtaining the specifications of the user requirements.
* Propose and review system design and evaluate alternatives.
* Review and present proposed system solution to IT Project Manager / Leader and User Management or System owner.
* Develop systems solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements
* Ensure that the following steps in development cycle are executed:
- Preparation of system/technical documentation (as per ISO standards)
- User training
- System testing/parallel runs
- System implementation
- System audits / quality assurance
* Maintenance Requests
Technical / Functional Skills:
Skills and Qualification:
Custom digital solution development advantageous
Oracle Java Certification 7/8 (e.g. SCJP / OCJP etc.) is an advantage.
Java EE 7 (EJB3.1, CDI, JPA, JAX-RS, JAXB)
Relevant knowledge on RESTful API, SOAP, JSON, OData
Comfortable with developer IDE tools (Netbeans, IntelliJ IDEA, or Eclipse) and navigating your way through the console.
Experience working with Spring MVC is advantageous.
Experience working with J2EE Application servers: JBoss, Glassfish, Apache Tomcat etc.
Experience with Build, repository and CI tools such as Ant and Maven, Subversion, Git, CVS and Hudson / Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Flyway (Database migration tool).
Mockito (Mock framework)
Bash Shell Scripts
Red Hat OpenShift
PostgreSQL / Oracle / MS SQL Server / Mongo DB
Exposure to SDLC, Agile methodology highly desirable
Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence,
Strong knowledge of MySQL.
Full stack - back end through front end experience.